Entering and doing business in new markets especially such emerging markets as Vietnam can be challenging and should be done with thorough study and planning. You should be aware of the new market’s economic dynamics, business structure & potential, culture, laws & regulations, local practices, partners, vendors and distributors, competitive landscape, product pricing, etc.
We can help you whichever your goals are: to increase market share (in existing markets), to seek new markets overseas, to intensify product offerings (in existing markets), or to introduce new products in new markets, through a thorough portfolio of market entry services:
- Market Research and Analysis
- Strategy Development
- Business Matching/ Partner Search
- Trade Mission/ Validation Visit
- Site Identification and Evaluation
- Corporate Structuring and Establishment
- Operation Set-up
Please roll down till end of the page for detailed description of these service items.
We can assist you in obtaining the answers to your questions with our proven research methodologies and workable strategies related to immense business opportunities in emerging or new economies. Our market knowledge, business experience and analytics turn data into insight.
We conduct results-based, tailored market studies with a view to identifying the right market entry and growth strategies for Vietnam. We provide client firms with focused perspectives and analyses to enhance their decision-making, performance and growth.
We know that success relies on access to relevant and up-to-date information combined with accurate on-the-ground support. Although information appear to be increasingly accessible, it can be quite challenging to acquire accurate, relevant and timely business information, notably in Vietnam. We possess functional research skills, nationwide coverage and an understanding of diverse industries to develop comprehensive analysis and provide definitive recommendations.
Typical assignments include:
- Quick market scans or comprehensive market studies
- Specific market studies on consumer/market trends and product opportunities
- Market/industry/sector updates focusing on recent developments or changes
- Market entry opportunity assessment
- Growth opportunities assessment
- Player profiling, partner screening and identification
- Competitive benchmarking and analysis
- Identification of investment opportunities
Our work is generally both quantitative and qualitative, based on an optimal combination of desk and field research. Our fact-based and analytical approach leverages a deep understanding of the subject matter and ensures that the real issues are identified and explored.
Based on relevant market intelligence, we help identify business opportunities for clients and determine the most appropriate entry strategies for Vietnam market. The task typically includes the pro-and-con analysis of the following entry options:
- Commercial alliance (i.e. distributorship, product licensing, franchising, contracted manufacturing, other strategic alliances or partnerships)
- Strategic acquisition of a local established player
- Greenfield investment (joint venture with a local established player or a wholly-owned company)
- A combination of one or more of the above options.
The pro-and-con analysis would typically include a weighing, scoring and ranking of options to enhance the client’s decision-making process.
Once the client has opted for a market entry strategy for Vietnam, we will further assist client in implementation of the strategy, typically starting with business matching.
Partnering with the right people is crucial for any partnership. Our business matching services are designed to help clients find the right partner and understand the market potential and preferences in order to establish strong and profitable long-term business relationships. In a typical assignment such as this, we scan the market, identify and profile relevant partners, typically such as:
- Joint venture partners
- Suppliers or exporters
- Distributors, agents or importers/ buyers
- Partners to other commercial or strategic alliances, including M&A.
- In certain instances, we conduct business matching under the format of trade missions.
Our trade missions are organized to guide a group of business people, corporate executives or investors with regard to their business objectives in Vietnam. Based on clients’ specific requests, we will hold trade missions with a goal to identify potential business partners and match with the most suitors. The missions provide a unique opportunity for personal interaction to close the gap between the investor (or a business opportunity seeker) and potential opportunities. Such a mission typically includes collective meetings with various potential partners and relevant government authorities and optionally a reception event with all related business partners and industry players, plus one-on-one private meetings between directly interested parties for matching purposes.
We help clients carry out the business plan for initiatives that have proved viable from the feasibility study, starting with identifying candidate locations that fit site criteria we have developed along with clients. We can do this with our strong network with developers of industrial and commercial properties (industrial parks, office buildings, and plazas) and property brokers of different categories. These solid relationships also enable our clients to have strong bargaining power in discussions of lease agreements.
Based on various options available for clients, we also help you evaluate using a ranking analysis of the terms and conditions vs. other features.
Foreign ownership tends to be a sensitive and complicated matter in many emerging markets, including Vietnam. We will advise on various legal structures and incorporation methods that are legitimately available for you to accomplish your investment goals and assist you in choosing the optional structure and dealing will all the follow-on required procedures and tasks.
We take care of the corporate establishment procedures to save you time and resources, ensuring that your company is legally established at the required authorities, whether it is a 100% foreign invested or a co-shareholding with local partners. We focus on adding value to clients in difficult cases where some lobbying and/or special structuring capabilities are required, due to regulatory constraints, non-transparency or whatever else reasons.
Vietnam currently offers international players numerous advantages within the Asian region for their expansion considerations: large and steadily growing population, low labor costs, central location within the ASEAN region, good logistics conditions, as well as high economic and social stability.
When you consider establishing a new operational unit in Vietnam – whether it is a distribution operation or manufacturing facility, you may face numerous challenges, given your limited knowledge of the local market’s idiosyncrasies, business environment and mechanisms. Our Operation Set-up services can help you meet your business objectives, budgets and productivity targets and simultaneously provide a platform that allows for continued, sustainable growth in the new market.
We can help you with new operation setup in the following typical aspects:
- Legal structure and tax effectiveness considerations
- Budgeting & financial forecast
- Site/ premise identification, evaluation and selection (distribution center/ warehouse, showroom, office, manufacturing plant); logistics solutions
- Recruitment of key personnel (managers, sales persons, etc.)
- Operating software or system
- Equipment, stationery and devices
- Sales/marketing strategy, organization and support
- Contracting and legal procedures
- Other operational support (per client’s specific requests)